- Bhu Pet
BHU PET is University Level Post Graduation Entrance Exam conducted by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh for admission to General, Professional, Special and Vocational Courses. Here are exclusive details.
BHU PET Eligibility
- The minimum eligibility requirement to appear for BHU PET is Bachelor’s Degree in concerned subject with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- There is no upper age or lower age limit for application.
- Applicants must be Indian National.
- For candidates seeking admission to M.A course in Language must have studied the concerned Language at B.A. level and should contribute in the final mark sheet.
- No minimum eligibility marks will be applicable for SC/ST candidates.
- For OBC and Physically Challenged category, a minimum of 45 % marks is required in the Degree examination.
BHU PET Important Dates (Tentative)
- BHU PET Application window opens: First Week of February
- BHU Application Window Closes: Mid March
- BHU PET Admit Card Availability: April/May
- BHU PET Exam Dates: May/June
- For exact dates see EducationNews.Shiksha
BHU PET Entrance Exam Syllabus
For M.A. in Linguistic/ Nepali/ Arabic/French/German/ Marathi/Persian/Telugu/ Indian Philosophy and Religion (IPR) / History of Art/ Pali/ Sanskrit:
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge; Language Proficiency in Concerned Language; Logical Quantitative and Analytical Abilities and Aptitude (inferences from percentages, tables, graphs, etc.)
For M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology
- Multiple-choice questions will be based on Social Sciences such as Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Management, Biology and Cultural Studies.
For M. Com
- Questions based on the Qualifying Examination.
For M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/ Zoology/Botany/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics
- Multiple-choice questions on Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Biology, Chemistry and based on the concerned subject.
M.Sc. In Computer Science
- Questions on Basic Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- Questions based on Biochemistry and Chemistry
M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics
- Questions on Geophysics, Mathematics and Physics
- M.Sc. In Geology Multiple choice questions on Geology of the qualifying exam.
- M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology Multiple choice questions on Biology, Botany and Zoology
- M.Sc. In Statistics Multiple-choice questions on Mathematics and Statistics
For Language and Linguistic Courses
- Multiple choice questions on Language Proficiency, Basic Grammar, Standardization of the concerned language, Technical words, Translation, etc.
BHU PET Exam Pattern
BHU PET aspirants should observe the exam pattern before preparing for the test. It will consist of total 120 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the examination will be 120 minutes. The mode of exam is Offline (pen and paper based). The medium of the exam is English and Hindi and Language concerned for Linguistic subjects. All Papers will be in English and Hindi except for Sanskrit.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Maximum Marks: 360 marks
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes
BHU PET Application
The University has created its Entrance Test Portal with the domain name www.bhuonline.in. Its link is also available on the BHU website. The entire process of making an application for admission in various courses during the academic session 2019-20 has been made ONLINE. Accordingly, candidates may note that PET Information Bulletin and Application Form will not be sold (as there will be no offline mode) and the candidates desirous of admissions shall be required to register on the Entrance Test portal of BHU and fill up the application form ONLINE as per procedure provided on the Portal.
BHU PET Admit Card
- Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
- E-mail/SMS alert regarding loading of Admit Card will also be sent on the email id/mobile phone number registered by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/ mobile phone numbers for correspondence while filling up the online application form.
- If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card till 03 days before the date of the Test, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone Number and email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card received by him/her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately. No consideration will be given, if discrepancies are not pointed out timely.
- A passport size photograph be affixed (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.