Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation
Establisjed in 1992 the Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation (CSFER), Allahabad aims to nurture and cultivate professional excellence in the field of social forestry and Eco-rehabilitation in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Presently, it is under the aegis of Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun.
Mandate of Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of Degraded eco-system
- Research and demonstration in social forestry, farm forestry and Agro forestry
- Planting Stock Improvement
- Sustainable Forest Management/ Silviculture of forest species
- Policy Research
- Forestry Extension
Functions of Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation
- Development of suitable technological packages for afforestation of stress sites.
- Development and demonstration of site-specific social, farm and agro forestry models to ensure enhanced and sustained productivity.
- Standardization of nursery techniques and seed technology of some lesser known plants.
- Development of suitable technological packages for restoration of degraded forests.
- Research related to plantation management of priority tree species.
- Eucalyptus, Poplar and Melia dubia based agroforestry in eastern U.P.
Centre for Social Forestry and Eco-rehabilitation, Allahabad
(Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education)
3/1,Lajpat Rai Road, New Katra, Allahabad-211002
Phone: 91-0532-2440796 (O)