Uttar Pradesh Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura, (DUVASU) was established on 25th October 2001 by merging College of Veterinary Science & AH. and the erstwhile U.P. College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Mathura.
U.P. College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Mathura was made a constituent College of the newly established C.S. Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur In the year 1975. However, realising the demand for trained and competent manpower in the field of Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and other allied disciplines, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh established U.P. Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Exam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura, the fourth Veterinary University in the country and the Veterinary College Mathura became the first constituent College of the University.
- Produce competent and skilled human resources who are socially sensitive and responsible professional in the field of animal health, production and allied sectors.
- Undertake region-based, need-based, and basic research for improving animal health and productivity by adapting modern technology including value addition.
- Validate Indigenous Traditional Knowledge (ITK) on scientific basis.
- Provide efficient extension services at the door step of poor and marginal farmers and livestock owners and motivating them to adopt animal husbandry, poultry, fishery and related vocations as an engine of economic growth and social empowerment.
- Empower women to become,” Knowledgeable Livestock Stakeholder” giving them economic identity.
- Interface industry and stakeholder in the newer perspective of open global market.
- Ensure enhanced production from rural and urban livestock through effective diseases surveillance and diagnosis, health care, vaccination and production programs.
Colleges and Courses in DUVASU
College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
College of Biotechnology
- BSc (Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology)
- Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacist
- Diploma in Livestock Extension Officer
The College has the following well-equipped 20 departments
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Epidemiology
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Livestock Production Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education
- Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
- Veterinary Medicine
- Poultry Science
- Veterinary Clinical Complex ( VCC)
- Livestock Farm Complex ( LFC)
UP Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go Anusandhan Sansthan (DUVASU)
Pin: 281001 (UP)