Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Established in 2006, the main aim of Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU) was to meet up the new challenges in legal field and to strengthen the vision that was given by the establishment of first National Law School of the country. Originally incorporated as 'Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, Uttar Pradesh' word 'Institute' was substituted by the 'University' in November 2006 keeping in line with other law universities.
Objectives of RMLNLU
- To advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal processes and their role in national development;
- To develop in the student and research scholar a sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, Judicial and other legal services, legislation, law reforms in the existing laws and the like;
- To organize lectures, seminars, symposia and conferences, to promote legal knowledge and to make law and legal process efficient instrument of social development;
Duration in years : 5 years
To be eligible for admission to the degree of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) the candidates should:
- Have passed, the Intermediate/Higher Secondary School Examination (10 plus 2) or an equivalent Examination from a University/recognized Board, securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks (for SC/ST category candidates - 45% of the total marks).
- Have been selected on the basis of Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
No candidate shall be eligible for the degree of LL.M. unless he has:
- Passed, not less than two years previously, B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.) degree of this University or LL.B. five years or LL.B. three years degree of a recognized University; and .
- Has undergone a regular course of study in the University for a period of two academic years.
The University invites application in prescribed format for admission in Ph.D programme in Law, History, Economics, English, Sociology& Political Science etc.
How to Apply
All the Admissions in University are made through Common Law Admission test.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Sec- D1, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme
Lucknow – 226012
Uttar Pradesh, India