Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar
The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) was established in 1889 and is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development of the region.
The institute with faculty strength of more than 275 imparts quality post-graduate education to students not only from various parts of the country, but also from overseas. With its deemed to be university status contributes immensely to human resource development in the discipline of veterinary sciences with skills and knowledge necessary for the challenges of the new millennium.
Research and Development in veterinary and animal science to promote livestock and poultry health and production, generate human resources, develop and transfer technologies to ensure livestock production systems.
Harness veterinary and animal science research and education for sustainable growth in the livestock sector so as to ensure food and income security.
IVRI Academic Programs
The Institute offers master and doctoral programmes in more than 20 disciplines of veterinary and animal sciences, livestock products technology, basic sciences and extension education. To impart continuing education to field veterinarians, the institute also conducts diploma courses in veterinary preventive medicine, animal husbandry, veterinary biological products, animal reproduction, poultry husbandry, medicine and surgery, zoo and wild animal health care and management, meat and meat products technology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science and Admission
Admission of students to BVSc & AH degree programme is made only on the basis of his or her merit obtained in NEET (UG) Examination for the year in which admissions are made, subject to fulfillment of the other criteria as laid down by Veterinary Council of India Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education (MSVE) Regulations, 2016.
IVRI BVSc AH Admission Application Portal on the IVRI Website.The detailed procedure for Counseling and Admission Procedure is made available on the website when the applications are invited for admissions.
MVSc programme and Admission
Admission for MVSc programme is being done on the basis of All India Entrance Examination (PG) conducted by the Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, through National Testing Agency, New Delhi. All the candidates including sponsored (in-service) for seeking admission to MVSc programme must have to appear in the written Examination. Following programmes are offered:
- Animal Biochemistry
- Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Economics
- Livestock Production and Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Poultry Science
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Extension Education
- Animal Reproduction, Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
The IVRI Izatnagar offers admission to many Ph.D programmes. Admission for PhD programme will be held on the basis of all India Competitive Examination conducted by the Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, through National Testing Agency, New Delhi. All the candidates including sponsored (in-service) for seeking admission to PhD programme must have to appear in the written Examination.
National Diploma Courses
IVRI has awarded National Diplomas to 2062 officers from Army and State Animal Husbandry Departments.
The institute conduct the following National Diploma Cources of 10 months duration.
- National Diploma in Animal Husbandry (NDAH) Division of Animal Nutrition
- National Diploma in Animal Reproduction (NDAR) Division of Animal Reproduction
- National Diploma in Veterinary Biological Products (NDBP) Division of Biological Products
- National Diploma in Equine Husbandry, Medicine and Surgery (NDEHMS)
- National Diploma in Fodder and Feed Technology(NDFFT) Division of Animal Nutrition
- National Diploma in Meet and Meat Products Technology (NDMPT) Division of Livestock Products Technology
- National Diploma in Poultry Husbandry (NDPH) CARI
- National Diploma in Preventive Veterinary Medicines (NDPVM) Div. of B & M
- National Diploma in Zoo and Wild Animal Health Cure and Management (NDZWA) Wild Life Centre
- National Diploma in Animal welfare Div. of Medicine
The National Library of Veterinary Sciences at IVRI has a collection of more than 2,50,000 highly specialized reading material in the form of books, journals, monographs, theses, reference works published data, bulletins, reviews, advances, reports, reprints, micro-documents etc. The library subscribes to more than 125 foreign journals and about 103 Indian journals each year. Facilities for information, access and retrieval from CD-ROM databases in the multi-user environment is provided using CD-Mirror Hybrid Server on nominal charges.
ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute
Izatnagar - Bareilly (UP) -243122